Canossa Convent Primary School is affiliated to the Archdiocesan Board of Education, Mumbai. The Primary Section is a minority aided school recognized by the Brihan Mumbai Municipal Corporation. Canossa Convent School recognized as a High school situated at Mahakali Caves Road, Andheri East, Mumbai 400093 started as Primary school in 1968. It was upgraded in 1972. Canossa High School is a catholic school established and administered by the Canossian Daughters of Charity.
The Canossian Daughters of Charity, Servants of the Poor are an international missionary congregation of women founded by St. Magdalene of Canossa, canonized in 1988. Our actions arise from our identity born of Christ crucified, the Greatest Love. We are called to journey in simplicity, sharing a common life at the service of our brothers and sisters on every continent. Through ministries of education, evangelization and faith formation, and pastoral care of the sick,formation of Laity. And Spiritual Exercises, we strive to touch each person with the love of God. Our motto is “to make Jesus known and loved,” especially to those most in need.
- To prepare our pupils for life we offer them spiritual and moral training through religious and moral instructions.
- The school stands for academic excellence, development of skills and character formation based on the love of God and service of people as modeled on the Catholic faith.
- Intellectual training is imparted through instruction aiming at academic excellence, helping them to think for themselves and arrive at the right judgment.
- Physical education is promoted by developing a sound healthy body
- Emotional and social training is encouraged through class democracy leadership and team work.
- Cultural training is fostered through co-curricular activities like drama, dancing, elocution etc.
- We aim at training our pupils to be simple, honest, kind cheerful at home and in any place ready to be of service to the needy and the downtrodden proud of their country and ready to be open to change.